How Will Geofencing In Topeka Enhance A Security System?
Today's home security solutions have become more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to neglect to perform simple security chores like activating your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Topeka, you can just drive off to work and have your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Topeka For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your residence, which you are able to arrange in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can institute a virtual “fence” on all sides of your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your property, you can set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Topeka. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Make your lighting switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage when the day is done. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Topeka
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (785) 268-2982 or submit the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.